Time for another Confession.
Kirsty from My Home Truths has asked that we share our first ever blog post this week for the I Must Confess Linkup.
Well, ok. If I have to. I was kind of hoping it would be forgotten in the big wide world of cyberspace. But no. Here we go…
This is my first blog post ever.
Scary Stuff….what to write about? Other blogs seem to have a purpose, such as talking about their kids, fashion, organisation skills, crafts or discussing deep dark emotional issues.
I have a problem. I am not blessed with craft, design or sewing skills. I am not an organisation guru, or a fashion stylist (even after years of buying trash mags, my ‘uniform’ has yet to evolve) My deep dark emotional issues are limited to a couple of bad boy boyfriends (before I married my husband)who were completely wrong for me. Not enough drama to finish the first paragraph. I have a medical background so practicality is my middle name. Artistic, creative, not so much.
My gift to the world is yet to be decided.
I have a confession. I started this blog out of envy. I somehow stumbled across some amazing, beautiful blogs, some business, some personal and thought I wish I could produce something that creative just for me. That I had a skill or gift worth sharing and making a business successful.
So here I am. Putting it out there. Not sure of the content or blog purpose as yet. All I know is that I feel I should write something. Anything. Stay tuned for more of something. Or anything. Depending on the day.
Thanks for reading
Traumatised yet? Or did you fall asleep in all the excitement of my first blog post?
I also have linked up with Deb from Home Life Simplified for her Listmania linkup. This week we have to list 5 things we love about the season and five things we dislike.
So 5 things I love about Summer:
1. The long lunches and bbq’s with good friends.
2. Spending time out and about with the kids by the beach or river
3. Hubby has downtime at work over summer so we are able to go on holidays camping as a family
4. Watching the sun set over the ocean. We often go to Fremantle or Cottesloe Beach to eat, drink & stare at the sun as it sets on the horizon.
5. Celebrating all my boys birthdays, hubby’s birthday and our wedding anniversary. I love organising their special days and watching them grow up so fast.
5 things I dislike about summer
1. The bugs (mozzies and flies) Enough said
2. The humidity. (I love the heat but hubby does not cope too well so I get to watch him melt into a puddle on a daily basis in summer)
3. The floods and bush-fires currently affecting other Australians at the moment. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all, especially in Queensland
4. Shopping for bathers, not fun post baby.
5. The air-conditioner is permanently on 21.C (even though it’s supposed to be set on approx 24.C) as hubby can’t handle the humidity. So I am often sitting in the lounge room in the evening with a jumper on, shivering away.
Thanks for visiting today for both linkups. Please support Kirsty and Deb (and the blogs that linkup) by commenting on their blogs and joining their community.
I have finally managed to get to 100 likers on Facebook this weekend, which is a big thing for this little blogger who often feels left behind in the social media race. Thanks to everyone who visits, comments, likes or just reads this blog and keeps coming back for more.