Howdy Mummymanifesto Readers!
Welcome to another I Must Confess with Kirsty. We are talking which taboo subjects you won’t talk about on the blog. What topic is off limits?
1. Well this is a bit odd for a mummy blogger but I won’t be talking about or identifying my children on this blog. Last year I posted a photo of the 3 of them and I felt like I had violated their privacy. I felt like I had sold them out. I had nothing for Wordless Wednesday and posted the pic. It was also my highest read post. This frustrated me because I didn’t really want to feature them yet the readers want personal topics. They want to get to know me and kids are a wonderful way to connect.
I know many bloggers have their children featured in their blog in many various ways. I have no problem with that at all. Most bloggers have very photogenic kids! I have no idea which direction this blog will take and feel it is best to leave the kids out of it. I love my kids so much but as a Stay at Home Mum, surely something can be off limits? They can follow me to the toilet but they can’t get onto my blog. (Maybe I should make that quote into a blogger printable?)
2. Another taboo subject is the “f-bomb” or the “rant”. Some bloggers do the rant or the pissed off very well. They have entrenched it into their blog identity and it works for them. I subscribe to a couple of these bloggers.
But I am too much of a goody-goody. If started ranting and swearing I know it would backfire and I would lose the loyal, lovely and regular 30 readers I worked so hard to get. (ps. thanks for hanging in there and coming back time after time. I love youse all.)
Umm, I think those are the main two subjects that I wouldn’t blog about. Also I don’t think I would talk about sex because if you are talking about it, it usually means you aren’t doing it. Apparently. (That’s what I have been told)
Anyway…moving on fast to:
Sex symbols of the 1990′s…yes more sex I am not talking about.
Deb from Home Life Simplified is talking “Crushes” today.
Who was your high school crush & who is the person you crush on now?
Well I had my high school crushes between 1990-1995 roughly. My teenage years, again showing my age.
* Johnny Depp. Mr Edward Scissorhands himself. (1990), (1980′s)21 jump Street-TV Show (Image) Photographer Herb Ritts
* River Phoenix-Sneakers (1992), My Own Private Idaho (1991) Image
* Christan Slater – (1991) Robin Hood” Prince of Thieves, (1990) Pump up the Volume Image
* Keanu Reeves- Think Point Break(1991), Speed (1994) Image
As you can tell, my teenage self liked the dark-haired bad boy turned good by the end of the movie. A lot of teenage angst.
* Hugh Jackman (Is the whole package. He has a reputation as being a nice guy, He loves his wife,and family. He looks as if he loves life.) Image
* Ewan McGregor (I watched his motorbike documentary-Long Way Round -2004, he seemed very down to earth, loyal to his friends and has a great sense of humour. I love the accent.) Image
* Johnny Depp. I still have a soft spot for him 20 years later. I can’t give him up.
I have had some trouble with the links for the images and finding the original sources/photographer so please contact me if you know.
Thanks for joining me today for I must confess and Listmania. Please support the other blogger’s linkups and visit their sites.
If you have a topic, issue or just want to drop a line please email me: email@example.com or leave a comment below.